DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
The Department of Commerce was established in 2009-2010 to offer B.Com as a course of study at the undergraduate level to address the heavy demand for this course from the student community of Bangalore.
- Prof. Sarjapur Nataraj, M.Com, Head of Department
- Prof. Hemalatha, G.J., M. Com [pursuing MBA]
- Prof. Channamaraiah,R. ,M.Com, MPhil
- Prof. B.S. Krishna, M.Com, MPhil, MBA [Regd for PhD]
- Prof. Aparna M. Joshi, M.Com, MPhil
- Prof. Lakshmi Devi, K.R. M.Com, MBA
Highlights of Faculty performance
- Prof. Sarjapur Nataraj has more than 30 years of professional experience at middle and higher levels of management in the manufacturing sector (Bharat Fritz Werner Ltd) and Software sector (3I Limited- formerly Datacons Pvt. Ltd).
- Prof. Krishna B.S. was awarded ‘Best Personality and Best Teacher’ by Garden City College, Bangalore. He was also awarded I Prize in the Body Building Competition organized by Karnataka Amateur Bodybuilders Association, Bangalore. He also runs a family owned Trust, Jnanasurabhi Foundation, Bangalore which conducts free coaching classes for Plus-two students.
Highlights of syllabi:
- Voyage, package and investment accounts
- Indirect Taxes
- Security Analysis and Markets
- Advanced course in Computer Applications.
The Department proposes to start in 2012-13
- Add-on course in e- Banking
- Add-on course in Stock Markets
- A Business Lab
- Post Graduate Programme in Commerce [M.Com]