DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
UG and PG
The Department of Computer Science was established in 1992 under the leadership of our President Dr. A.H. Rama Rao. The Department is the largest department of our college, and is involved not only in the teaching of Computer Science as a special subject but also in supporting the UGC requirement of learning Computer Fundamentals for all courses in the College.
- Prof.Ravi Hegde, M.Sc., M.Phil, M.Tech
[enrolled for PhD] Head of Department
| 2. Prof K.P.Alkananda, MCA, MBA
| 3. Prof P.V.Anjana, B.E., M.Sc., M.Tech
|| 4. Prof B.G.Jagadeesha, M.Sc.,M.Phil
| 5. Prof H.G.Vijaya Raghavan, M.Sc.
|| 6. Prof N.Divyashree, M.Sc.
| 7. Prof V.Bharatha, M.Sc.,M.Phil
|| 8. Prof.N.Manjula, M.Sc.
| 9. Prof. A.H.Vidya, M.Sc.
||10. Prof. Sangeeta B.K, M.Sc., M.Phil.
|11.Prof. Nagaveni A.S, M.Sc.
||12. Prof. Sudhir T.V, MCA
|13. Prof. Satish Kumar, MCA
||14. Prof. S. A. Kalyani, MCA
Visiting Faculty for PG programme
- Prof.P.G.Bhat , Navy officer [ Retd], Corporate trainer,President of Pluma Knowledge Solutions (P) Ltd.
- Dr.K.V.Dinesh, Professor, IIITB, Bangalore
- Prof.Krishna Raju, Software Engineer
- Prof.Ved Narayan Working on business development for Pluma,Solutions for CMS using Joomla.Customization of OpenEMR,crafting solutions for GPRS systems.
- Prof.Ashok Hennur, Software Engineer
- Ms.Roopa, Founder, Software Analyst, Architect, Consultant and Trainer, Asankhya Software Consultants.
- Prof.Muralidhar, Software Engineer, former General Manager at Wipro Technologies, Bangalore.
- BSc- Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Applications [B.C.A]
- PG Programme in Computer Science [M.Sc]
- UGC sponsored Add-on Course- Computer Networks
- Computer Fundamentals for all students of all streams ( B.A, B.Sc , B.S & B.Com)
Highlights of the Courses:
- Advanced subjects like DotNet Technologies, OOAD, Network Programming and TSR Programming for BCA students.
- Advanced Syllabus for B.Com with Applied aspects
- Syllabi for the PG programme is allied to the requirements of the IT industry
- Syllabi for the add- on course focuses on Hardware Networking
- TGMC projects of IBM are offered to MSc students
Learning resources of the department
- Full-fledged Computer laboratory is provided for students.
- The Departmentlibrary has 100 recently published books.
We have been conducting campus selection programmes for the companies like SAP, WIPRO,Infosys,IGate,IBM,Mphasis, etc. for both UG and PG students. On an average about 80% of our students are selected through campus selection.
- Plans ahead to introduce an add-on course in Web Design
- Plans ahead to introduce an add-on course in DTP
- Plans to introduce SAP Business One Course for all students of all streams.