DEPARTMENT OF KANNADA
UG and PG
The Department was established in 1945.
- Dr.M.Leelavathi. M.A., Ph.D. Principal Grade 1.
- Prof.G.Basavaraju. M.A. Associate Professor and Head of the Department.
- Dr.B.S.Subba Rao. M.A.,Ph.D. Associate Professor.
- Dr.C.B.Annapurnamma. M.A.Ph.D. Associate Professor.
- Prof.Shivanna. M.A. Assistant Professor (NET Qualified).
- Dr.Ravi Kumar.B.G. M.A. Ph.D Assistant Professor
- Dr.Ranganath. K.R. M.A. Ph.D Assistant Professor
- Prof.Ambika. M.A. Assistant Professor
Visiting Faculty – PG Programme:
- Dr.H.S.Madhava Rao. M.A.,Ph.D.
- Prof.N.B.Chandramohan .M.A.
- Dr.K.R.Ganesh. M.A.,Ph.D.
- Dr.T.Venkatesha Murthy. M.A.,Ph.D.
Highlights of faculty:
- Dr M.Leelavathi has participated actively in Principals’ conferences held in New Delhi and Mysore and presented papers.
- Dr. G.Basavaraju has delivered many lectures on Kannada culture in many educational Institutions. He is guiding M.Phil students from Kavya Mandala.
- Dr H.S.Madhava Rao has few Literary Articles and Translations to his credit.
- Dr. B.S. Subba Rao is on the Board of Studies of Post Graduation Studies of Tumkur University.
- Dr. C.B.Annapoornamma guides students for M.Phil from Kavya Mandala.
- Dr K.R.Ganesha is on the Editorial Board of the Commemoration Volume of Dr Krishnananda Kamath.
- Dr T.Venkatesha Murthy has published his thesis work on Kannada plays and has participated in different seminars. He is guiding M.Phil students from Kavya Mandala.
- Kannada is one of the languages offered for students of B.A., B.Sc., B.S., B.C.A., and B.Com. courses along with Sanskrit and Hindi.
- Optional Kannada as an elective subject for BA for six Semesters.
[combinations available: Sociology, Economics, Optional Kannada/ Sociology, Optional Kannada, Journalism]
- Post Graduate Studies in Kannada [MA]
Learning Resources of the Department:
The Department has a computer and a Library. Students are guided to use it in a meaningful way.
- The Department intends to commence a Research Centre affiliated to the Bangalore University and be a Centre of academic excellence in the near future.
- As an autonomous institution, we are continuously exploring innovative methods in framing the syllabus, teaching methodology and conduct of examinations.
- The Department also has a plan to commence a Publication Wing shortly.